This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Database Source Code

Oct 20, 2010 at 12:00 PM

I have an application that is tightly tied with the database level.  This is because a large part of the business logic is housed in stored procedures.  I am talking about 200 stored procedures.  It seems logical to me to put the stored procedure and database schemas for the application along with the source code.  Because as the application is changing often this requires changes to stored procedures or additional fields on tables, etc. 

I have a couple quesitons.  Is there a mechanism in TFS that can attach to SQL Server to allow you to stored schema and stored procedures?  If so, is there a mechanism in TFS that will allow me to tie the application source with the database source?

Developer
Oct 20, 2010 at 4:44 PM

I would recommend reading the VS ALM Rangers Visual Studio Database Guide. You can download it here: http://vsdatabaseguide.codeplex.com/

Regards,
Bill Heys
VS ALM Ranger

Oct 20, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Is there a single location that has a list of all the guides?  I have other questions that I may be able to find out the answers to without bugging you all.

Developer
Oct 20, 2010 at 5:33 PM

If you search on Codeplex for "Visual Studio ALM Rangers" you should get the complete list.