This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

In branching scenario guide, what is "V1.1 FT3" label?

Aug 22, 2011 at 9:32 PM

On page 6 of TFS_Branching_Guide_Scenarios_2010_v1.pdf, there is a diagram at the top, under Scenario #1: Single Team Branching Model.

In this diagram, there is a label "V1.1 FT3" after the forward integration from main.

What does "FT3" mean and what is the purpose of this label?

Aug 22, 2011 at 9:52 PM

I know this is probably not a good answer, but I will try.

As you note, V1.1 FT3 is a label. One can only guess (and I did not write this part of the guidance) what the purpose of the label is. It could be a milestone reached during development. Again, I can only speculate that FT3 might mean (based on other contexts where we have abbreviated Feature Team as FT) that this is a milestone for Feature Team 3. It could be this indicates feature complete for a particular team or feature.
This answer probably raises more questions than answers. 

I am not particularly comfortable with the content of the Scenearios Document. It is likely to be completely rewritten for the next release of the Guidance.

I am sorry the narrative doesn't do a better job of explaining the illustration. Or I am sorry the illustration doesn't just stick to the narrative.

Sorry I don't have a better answer. Bottom line, this label is not critical to an understanding of the Basic Branch Plan.

Regards,
Bill Heys
VS ALM Ranger

Aug 23, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Thanks, that clears it up a bit.