The purpose of this project is to build some insightful and practical guidance around branching and merging with Visual Studio Team Foundation Server by the Visual Studio ALM Rangers . The new guidance builds upon the previous release with some updates to
the core materials as well as guidance on additional scenarios that include guidance for sharing resources in Team Foundation Server via branching.
Visual Studio Team Foundation Server Branching and Merging Guide
Branching and merging of software is a very large topic. It is an area where there is a lot of maturity in the software industry. This Ranger solution focuses on applied and practical examples of branching that you can use right now. The guide includes discussions
around branching concepts and strategies but also focuses on practical hands-on labs.
Visual Studio ALM Rangers
This guidance is created by the Rangers who have the mission to provide out of band solutions for missing features or guidance. This content was created with support from Microsoft Product Group, Microsoft Most Valued Professionals (MVPs) and technical specialists
from technology communities around the globe, giving you a real-world view from the field, where the technology has been tested and used.
What is in the package?
The content is packaged in separate zip files to give you the choice of selective downloads:
- Guidance contains scenario based practical guidance, frequently asked questions and quick reference posters.
- Hands-on Lab contains the HOL that provides a walkthrough of the planning, based on the guidance
- HOL Package includes a setup part which prepares and configures your environment for this lab
- Bijan Javidi, Bill Heys, Bob Jacobs, Brian Minisi, Clementino de Mendonca, Daniel Manson, James Pickell, Jens Suessmeyer, Lennart Jansson, Mathias Olausson, Matt Velloso, Micheal Learned, Neno Loje, Oliver Hilgers, Sin Min Lee, Taavi Koosaar, Tony Whitter,
- Anil Chandra Lingam, Bill Heys, Brian Minisi, Clementino de Mendonca, Daniel Manson, Jahangeer Mohammed, Jansson Lennart, Jelle Druyts, Jens Suessmeyer, Krithika Sambamoorthy, Matthew Mitrik, Michael Fourie, Micheal Learned, Neno Loje, Oliver Hilgers, Sin
Min Lee, Stefan Mieth, Taavi Koosaar, Tony Whitter, Willly-Peter Schaub
How to submit new ideas?
The recommended method is to simply post ideas to the community or to contact the Rangers at
Post comments on the